Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gideon

Gideon...
I was just brushing up on "Good Book" when I remembered that Plotz had an affection for Gideon. We briefly mentioned it in class, so I figured I would go back and reread thi section in The Bible and then in the Plotz book since he named his third child Gideon.

Consequently, I also like Gideon, but for different reasons. One of my favorite bands is My Morning Jacket and a few years back they published a song, "Gideon"...it's always been one of my favorite songs, even before I knew the story behind the biblical Gideon. I thought I would share it with you below:

My Morning Jacket ~ Gideon Video by Mike - MySpace Video

This clip is live with the Boston Pops Orchestra (who doesn't love the Boston Pops?!) and though it may not be your cup of tea musically I hope you still enjoy the connection. The lyrics are as follows:

Gideon! What have you told us at all?
Make a sound, come down off the wall.
Religion- should appeal to the hearts of the young.
Who are you? What have you become?
You animal. Come on
What does this remind you of?
Truly. Truly we have become.
Hated and feared for something we don't want.
Listen. Listen. Most of us believe that this is wrong.
You animal. Come on. What does this remind you of?

No comments:

Post a Comment