Thursday, October 22, 2009

Assignment Complete! I had a bad day.

I wasn’t covered in boils or charged with sleeping around with creepy elders…I didn’t have to survive 40 days and nights on a boat, or take my child to a mountain to sacrifice him, but I know a thing or two about having a bad day. Mine went kinda like this…



I woke up Wednesday morning at 6 am after a fitful nights rest with the typical flu-like symptoms…sore throat, headache, funny chest feeling, and all over achiness…oh and did I mention a fever? I did my best to pretend I wasn’t sick, but I couldn’t ignore the gross feeling invading my body. Nasty! So, I emailed my professors and told them I would be absent for the day in order to not infect anyone else, as well as attack the body-invaders with a strong dose or sleep, Sprite, and orange juice. In my delusion I ended up emailing all of my professors and not just the ones that taught me on Wednesdays….nice.

After a half day of fighting the sickness I started to see things in a little brighter light. The sun was shining and not causing my head to throb incessantly and life looked good. So, I dove into some reading and knocked out a few chapters. Awesome! Then I placed a call to Eagle Mount where I volunteer in their therapeutic riding program to see if they needed me that evening…well they did as long as I could walk because everyone else was sick. Yikes! So off I went.

Oh, let's not forget the call I got about my dog hanging out at a construction site in town.  Perfect!  I don't know how he does it, but that dog is just like the magic-man Houdini!

Driving to Bozeman always constitutes a bad situation for me. I live in Three Forks because I don’t want to be around a hoard of people. (I grew up in a Cleveland, OH with about a biz-illion others) So, I finally arrived at EM and got on with the therapy sessions. It was all going well until a frisky horse named Dublin took a chomp out of my leg. He freakin bit me! If you haven’t been bit like a horse it feels something like a bear trap coming down on your flesh. *%@$!!!!!


I finished my volunteer duties and headed home in the dark…feeling not so good, but good enough. Then I got pulled over by a dry-humored police officer. Super! I was going 29 in a 25 in a construction zone (double the fine!). When I explained to the officer that the guy behind me (who conveniently took a quick turn before the cop) was on my butt and I sped up to get into the other lane the office replied something to the extent of “you shoulda let him ride your ass and if he hit you then we would have delt with it then….” What a swell guy! Perhaps I shouldn’t have pointed out to the officer that there wasn’t a visible speed limit sign throughout the entire construction zone besides at the beginning and the end...maybe he didn’t appreciate my observant behavior… So, he tells me he would not give me a speeding ticket (things are looking up), but was going to ticket me for not having a recent insurance card. Yahoo! &%#$!!!!! Okay, so that is totally my fault, but what about the four phone calls I have placed to my insurance company about sending a new card out? Amazing.

I finally make my way out of Bozeman and am headed home, listening to my Bible on CD of course when my phone rings and naturally it could be no one else, but my mother. Yipee! I love my ma, but typically when she is calling late at night it can’t be good. The conversation consisted of her asking questions that she didn’t want the answers to and telling me how the swine flu worries her. “You’re my baby and you are 2.000 miles away!” I assure her I would be fine and she could baby me all that she wants when I head to Ohio in a few months. Sweet.


I’m finally home, my car is stuck in the muddy driveway and I am headed to bed. Finally! I enjoy a night of tossing and turning and awaken to a much higher fever. Great! I also receive a phone call from a Hoover repair company saying that it will be a month before my vacuum is fixed. Fantastic! Do you know how muddy a home can get with a dog and 2 adults stomping in and out all day after walking through mud, a manure filled barn and horse pasture?  I vacuum daily.

I’m going back to bed. Tomorrow will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment